Guest Blogger Guidelines
The realestateVIEW.com.au Blog provides readers up-to-date expert views, news and insights on the Australian property market. The Blog is authored by a series of property and finance experts who work in the property industry and are passionate about educating home buyers, renters, investors and market observers. We would love to hear from local experts on your field of expertise in the property industry.
Writing unique content for the realestateVIEW.com.au Blog builds your personal and professional brand with an audience of over 1.4 million monthly visits*
All Blog posts will be:
- Posted to our Blog (link) with the author credited.
- Amplified amongst selected social channels with 56,000+ followers and growing (Twitter, Facebook and Google +). In addition to this, each month our email database receives the best articles from the Blog and Advice Centre. Posts which yield the most consumer engagement will be amplified further through this email, gaining more exposure for the most engaging and relevant posts.
Our Tone of Voice
At realestateVIEW.com.au we are fun, fresh and insightful. We are open, accessible, supportive and inclusive, all while being credible and wise. We are approachable, entertaining, fun and opinionated. We stand up for our beliefs but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We would expect our writers follow this tone in their articles.
- Friendly but factual.
- Authoritative but approachable.
- Accurate not speculative.
- Simple answers to tricky questions.
- Excited by insights.
- Invested in your success.
- No rhetoric or jargon.
- Witty not juvenile.
- Embracive of our roots.
- Proud to have a different view.
- More than just houses.
Avoid or explain buzzwords. Some readers are put off by property jargon. We want to keep things as simple as possible so if you need to use technical terms, help people understand.
Think about the back links – Articles containing too many links back to your domain will look spammy. All back links will be within the Author Bio rather than the article. Don’t link to PDFs. It’s a poor experience for mobile users.
Self-promotion. Please leave all self-promotion to the author bio and not in the article, this decreases the credibility of the article and comes across too salesy. We’re here to help not sell.
Visuals – Please ensure images are mobile-friendly. This means the text on graphics should be large enough to be read on a phone screen. Photos should be realistic. Airbrushing and Photoshop don’t tell the true story.
Fake News – We won’t spend time fact-checking all content, please make sure that all sponsored content is accurate and unbiased. Make only substantiated claims.
What We Will Publish
Blog articles should be approximately 600-800 words in length, and preferably will contain tables, video or info-graphics. The Blog is designed to provide insights and trends on the Australian property market in a friendly and approachable way, including; news articles, statistics or numerical reports, articles dedicated to a specific trend and latest data insights.
Key topics/categories bloggers may consider are:
- Top places to buy
- Rental returns in the current climate
- Tax impacts on the market (carbon tax, mining tax etc)
- Growth suburbs (past performance and looking ahead)
- Predictions for the year ahead
- Trends in buying (demand for certain types of properties/sustainable living etc)
- Record sale prices in suburbs
- Overseas investors and the impact on the property market
- Market conditions impact on private sales vs auctions
- Local/Federal legislation changes and consumer impact
- Finance trends and changes which impact the local property market
If you would like to prepare an article on more general tips and advice this may be published as a resource in our Advice Centre if relevant.
What We Won’t Publish
realestateVIEW.com.au in partnership with Real Estate Institutes around Australia will not accept any content that speaks negatively or slanderous of the real estate industry and the agents
realestateVIEW.com.au reserve the right to refuse any articles for the following reasons:
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog before. Please do a search of our blog before submitting your articles.
- Articles that criticise companies, individuals’ or agents
- Articles that have appeared on other blogs or news outlets. realestateVIEW.com.au will only accept original work that is not and will not be published elsewhere, including your own site. Contributors must also own the rights to any content published on our Advice Centre.
- Content with hyperlinks outside of the author bio or any article that appears to be spam
- Any article that makes reference to, credits or hyperlinks to competitors or competitors other brands.
- Articles from non-credible sources or that is giving a hard sell on their own product or service.
- Articles written in first person.
Become a Blogger
If you’re interested in becoming an realestateVIEW.com.au blogger, simply send an email to email@example.com with your details.
If you wish to contribute to the blog on a regular basis, you will be required to supply the below details in order to set up a blogger profile:
- Author Bio – maximum of 100 words
- Email address – will be utilised to create a blogger profile.
Blog articles are unable to be published until this information is supplied.